Saturday, September 25, 2010


This is probably the one post I've never wanted to post. Adams symptoms from the skull, cervical spine issues are progressing. They did x-rays on Friday to see if his neck is stable. It is not. The neurosurgeon was hoping that the calcium deposit that he has in his neck would be enough stability to buy him some time to hopefully grow and not have to have surgery for a while, if at all. I guess hope wasn't enough. We left the doctor's office yesterday afternoon without an answer as to what he's going to do. He is going to talk to the radiologist at some point over the weekend and call me by Monday. I was told to have my cell phone on me at all times to receive his call. He will decide one of two things.....either to do surgery now or not. This will depend on the how severe the instability of  his neck is. If it's not too bad he'll probably repeat the scans and revisit the surgery option in a couple of months. If he needs the surgery now he'll do it. The only other way he won't do surgery is the worst case scenario....and I'm not even going to talk about that. I told him that I'm at the point where something needs to be done to help my son and he agreed...he just has to see from the radiologist if its worth putting Adam through. Not quite sure what he meant by that but I think he was talking about if its not too bad from a radiological standpoint. No news on the EEG yet either. Anyway this is our update, we're spending the weekend relaxing from home and trying to have a no tears, no drama weekend for Adam. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers......we appreciate everything so much.